This young stallion is an example of generations of careful breeding. He exemplifies correct conformation, movement, and a first class temperament.
He will start his competitive dressage career this year, (2020) and we are confident that future generations will share his trainability, rideabilty, soundness, and conformation.
SARAPE PRICING OPTIONS
Mare approval is done using our online Mare Approval Form. Please complete one form for each mare/stallion combination you would like to breed. The form helps us keep track of breeding inquiries by putting your contact info and mare info into one record. Usually, we respond to approvals within 2 business days.
- Stick Size: (TBA)
- Starting dressage career in 2020
- First class temperament
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
SHIPPED SEMEN FEES
Within the United States, frozen semen shipped is $355.00. This includes a return label for the shipping container that needs to be returned within a week. Cooled semen shipped within the United States is $335.00
There is a $1,300.00 container deposit required for all international shipments.
We use Select Breeders Southwest, Inc. for our collections and shipping. Download their shipping request forms below.
Yes, however, you should check on Sarape’s availability, which is not guaranteed out of season. His availability will be scheduled around shows, expos, travel and other considerations.
While each year varies, Saphiro is typically not available for fresh cooled semen collections before February 28th 2020 or after August 19th 2020.
- Frozen semen can be ordered in advance and stored to be used when the mare is ready.
- It may be able to be shipped on a day that fresh collection is not possible due to collection schedule, shows, breeding season etc.
- Multiple doses can be sent at one time. For owners interested in breeding multiple mares and/or multiple years this may be a potential cost saver.
- Frozen semen is the only way to breed mares being inseminated outside of the United States and Canada.
- Shipping is more expensive then fresh cooled.
- Ideally a storage tank is available to transfer the semen into, however, with correct timing, frozen semen can be used from the shipping tank.
- A Veterinarian should be familiar and experienced with frozen semen.
- It requires more frequent checks of the mare.
We send out 8 straws per dose
There is additional paperwork and import permits that need to be done regardless of semen being sent fresh or frozen.
The expense of shipping to Canada and the added hassle of additional paperwork and potential transport/customs delays makes frozen semen more appealing to some mare owners, especially owners breeding more than 1 mare.
It is important to note that same day service is not available to Canada, but the every other day collection schedule remains the same during Saphiro’s breeding season. This is another reason some mare owners in Canada prefer frozen semen use.
Fresh cooled semen generally makes more sense for mare owners in the Eastern half of Canada; however, fresh cooled semen is available for all of Canada.
Without a new or amended contract, it is illegal and a breach of contract to use frozen semen in any way other than it’s intended contracted use.
To legally use extra semen you have in storage, additional stud fees must be paid on new contracts. The per dose fee is only paid once, once you have shipped breeding doses only the stud fee would need to be paid for added mare(s) or year(s).
All frozen semen not used or on an open contract must be destroyed. Please be sure to read your frozen semen contract.